My Little Garden Tool Box

A decorative light blue garden tool box with tools, gloves and plants inside.
I just love my little garden tool box where I can keep a few tools for my balcony and display this cute little box. My Uncle Harry had this box in his garage and used it to store his shoe polish and polishing brushes and cloths. I love using and displaying things my family once used. Since it is older it has required a little fix up and reinforcement. I used it for a number of years outside and from time to time I needed to keep it from falling apart. Come and see what it looked like before I recently reinforced it with glue and the original nails it came with.


A garden tool box that has fallen apart.

Garden Tool Box a Little Worn Out

As you can see my box has fallen apart. It can be put back together again; it doesn't look like it here but all the pieces are in pretty good shape. The box legs have grooves for the sides to be placed in and the bottom board of the box is held in place by the sides and secured with the original nails that I still have.


The green garden box put back together using glue and clamps.The worn out green garden box put back together and secured with clamps.


Putting the Box Back Together

In the past when I would put this box together I never used any glue to secure it. This time I decided to use Titebond II, a premium wood glue to secure and bond all the pieces of this wooden box. After I glued and nailed the bottom portion of the box I also used these Irwin clamps to hold it securely together until the glue dried. The glue and clamps worked really well in bringing this box back together. The clamps were really easy to use since you just open it larger than your project length and then close it snug by pressing on the hand grip - so easy! I let it dry over night and then removed the grips. I'm fortunate in that my husband had all this in the garage for me to use!


The garden tool box reinforced and painted a beautiful light blue with a tinge of green.

My New Little Garden Tool Box

So I painted my box this beautiful light blue with a tinge of green. I used a Behr paint which has a slight sheen. Actually this really painted up well and turned out lovely.


My finished garden tool box with tools and plants inside.

My Decorative Garden Box for Holding Tools and Plants

So my garden box holds a few tools and gloves which I use on my balcony. It's nice to have these tools available when I want to prune a few plants on my balcony. The garden box is also decorative and I couldn't resist adding a few small pots with plants to enjoy in the box.

Enjoy,
Linda


























Comments